Wednesday, January 8, 2014

NFL Divisional Round Preview(With some lines)

Coming off of the most watched, and arguably the most entertaining wildcard weekend for some time, we are left with two 6 seeds, a 5 seed(KC should have made two) and a 4. All of these squads will be on the road and, with the exception of Indianapolis, on the road for the 2nd straight week. Let's run through the game, I will give you my predictions and a little gambling advice.

#6 New Orleans Saints @ #1 Seattle Seahawks: Line SEA-8
"It's tough to beat a time twice in the NFL." I say nay to those inclined to use this cliche to describe this game. The Seahawks walloped the Saints (34-7) back in week 13, but since that game the Seahawks offense has been stagnant since that game, averaging 17.5 points per game in the last 4 games in which they have gone (2-2). A lot of it actually has been the defense making huge plays and putting the Hawks' offense in position to score. Rumors of Percy Harvin's return have been swirling, but Seattle fans should be skeptical. The Saints looked incredibly comfortable on the road in by far the most hostile environment of the four games last weekend, notching a (26-24) last second win by the foot of Shane Graham. I like the Seahawks in this game (23-17), so obviously I like the Saints to cover if your going wager. I think because of their offensive issues this game stays close, but the Seattle defense is to damn good to let them lose this one.

#4 Indianapolis Colts @ #2 New England Patriots: Line NEW -7.5

I don't care who he is throwing to, Brady, at home, in a playoff game, give me the Pats all day. I wouldn't bet this game, but I think we have another close game, I think the Colts cover in a loss.

#5 San Francisco @ #2 Carolina Panthers: Line CAR +3
In the words of Connor Jones, the 49ers are the "trendy pick" right now in the NFC. My only concern for the the 49ers is how is Kaepernick's frost bight after last weeks game in Green Bay? Will he still have arms when he walks out on to the field this week? If he does, I like the 49ers. The Carolina offense really isn't that efficient and I think this 49ers offense is in attack mode right now. Give me San Fran -3 and they will set up an all West NFC Title game next week.

#6 San Diego Charger @ #1 Denver Broncos: Line Den - 10
The San Diego Chargers have done it in Denver before, and they will do it again this week. They will not be able to get any pressure on Phillip Rivers and I think he shreds this defense. The secondary for the Chargers played great last week against the Bengals and did not receive the proper credit for their performance last week, Particularly Shareece Wright. It's Peyton in the playoffs, it's cold, the Chargers are playing with house money, why not them? I will only admit this once in my career as a journalist; this could be a total flop of a pick, Chargers -10.

No comments:

Post a Comment